Nettle Pesto Pizza
Pizza is a perfect leftover dish which helps you make use of all kinds of waste food from vegetables and cheese to pasta sauce. Our ‘Just Add’ Nettle Pesto upgrades all waste food pizzas to a whole new level. This recipe is full of taste and nutrients plus it’s vegan, gluten-free and yeast-free!
Nettle Pesto Pizza (one oven tin plate)
- 1,5dl water
- 1/2tbsp psyllium
- 2dl oat flour
- 1,5dl broad bean flour
- 1/4dl cold pressed olive oil
- Fine Nettle Herb Salt
1. Add psyllium into the water, mix and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Add the other ingredients.
3. Roll the dough on to a greaseproof paper, add flour if needed.
- tomato sauce
- 4tbsp Nettle Pesto
- 8tbsp cold pressed olive oil
- 4tbsp water
- red onion
- 75g tofu
1. Apply a nice layer of tomato sauce on top of the pizza crust.
2. Mix the Nettle Pesto, olive oil and water and let sit for 5 min.
3. Slice the vegetables and tofu and spread them all on top of the tomato sauce.
- 1/5dl shelled hemp seeds
- 1/4dl nutritional yeast
- 150ml oat cream
- Nettle Crystal Salt
- 0,5dl VegeSun pea crush
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2tsp savory or black pepper
Mix the ingredients in a blender and spread on top of the pizza.
Fry in the oven with medium heat in 200 Celsius degrees for about 15 minutes until the pizza toppings have a bit of nice golden color in them.
Decorate with Nettle Pesto dry mix. It works as a perfect spice for any savory dish.
Enjoy with friends!
Tip! Heinolan Heila sells oat and broad bean flour produced in local Finnish mills. Heila has also a wide selection of our products including the new ‘Just Adds’ and our book Villiyrtit – hyvinvointia kotikulmilta (WSOY). It’s located just off the A4 motorway at junction 24.
Read more about the benefits of broad beans and oats from our blog article: Eat the Seasons with the Healthy Nordic Diet.
Photos: Aino Huotari